Friday, May 21, 2010

Not so Lucky.

So, I went to the grocery store to get all my supplies for the soap....none of which had any plastic =)
However, Lucky's does not carry Peppermint Oil. I don't even know what peppermint oil is, and apparently neither did anyone at the store.

So I came out unsuccessful. I am going to try Whole Foods today and see if they've got it.

Plastic Day Count-

-Tofu packaged
-3 doggie poo bags
-1 biodegradable plastic (which I have skepticism)
-3 plastic bags for bulk food.

Now, here is where I struggle. I know it is better to buy in bulk, fresh, local, all that jazz. But I still have to use a plastic bag? Does anyone have any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. You can bring your own re-used plastic bags to the bulk foods. I have some really fine-mesh bags that work well for beans, rice etc. You can also bring your own container like a glass jar or whatever. At Whole Foods you just take it to the customer service counter first so that they can weigh it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW - you might get more comments if you allow people to post anonymously and/or with just a name & URL.
    :)
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete