Wednesday, May 19, 2010

So, the first day I only recorded the actual plastic that I used and disposed of. The more the thought of plastic was in my mind, the more I realized I really USE on a daily basis

-toothbrush
-toothpaste
-shampoo
-conditioner
-broom
-dustpan
-coffee cup (made from recycled materials)
-plant potter
-credit cards
-backpack
-bike bell
-dog food bag (coated with plastic)
-computer cord
-printer
-mouse
-hand sanitizer
-chap stick
-lotion
-Sugar Jar
-bread bag

Plastic Use and Dispose Count:
3 -doggie poo bags
1 -Bag of chips
1 -Fiber Bar
1 -Bag of peanuts
1 -Handful of cranberries in plastic bag
1 -sticker on avacado


I was riding my bike yesterday, and SLAP a plastic bag comes flying at me and gets caught in my spokes. I bend down to get it out, and 3 times I pulled it off and it went right back in there. Was that a sign? Telling me there is no avoiding plastic? Or maybe just a symbol for how I am going to have to try multiple times and different ways and push myself to really make this possible.


I recently stumbled upon

Life Less Plastic
and
Fake Plastic Fish

Here are two very motivational women who have made great strides in living a life with less plastic. I look forward to learning from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment